Labor Day weekend (September 4-7, 2020) is fast approaching, marking the unofficial end of summer. Take advantage of this three day weekend by checking out all the awesome attractions and activities that Philadelphia has to offer.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art - As one of largest art museums in the country, the Philadelphia Museum of Art is a must see attraction in the city of brotherly love. The museum is set to open on September 5th, just in time for Labor Day weekend! Visitors are strongly advised to reserve admission tickets in advance online, beginning August 17. Run up the famous Rocky steps and explore over 200 galleries of world-renowned art. To plan your visit, click here.
- FDR Park - Take a break from the city life, enjoy the outdoors and give summer a proper send-off. Enjoy a day fishing, having a picnic, playing tennis and gold and so much more at the FDR park, located off the AT&T Station-Broad Street Line subway stop at Broad and Pattison. Click here to plan your visit.
- Philadelphia Zoo - Perfect for families, the Philadelphia zoo is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Masks are required for visitors ages 2 and up and reservations must be made in advance. Learn more.
- Battleship New Jersey - Anchored on the NJ side of the Delaware river, Battleship New Jersey is a must-see attraction in Philadelphia. The ship will temporarily close after Monday September 7th, 2020. So take advantage of the long weekend, grab your family and friends and explore the decks for this historic ship that has seen four wars: World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War and the Gulf War. Click here to plan your visit.
- Visit one of the many drive-Ins in Philly for a movie night. Drive-In locations playing movies Labor day weekend include Philly Drive-In, Cinema Pop Ups, The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks and The PFS Drive-In at The Navy Yard.
- Museum of the American Revolution - The museum houses numerous galleries and multimedia experiences to learn about the American Revolution, including a recreation of the Boston Liberty Tree. It is now open Thursday - Monday (Sept. 3 -7) over Labor Day Weekend from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Click here to learn more and buy your tickets.
- Jurassic Quest - This drive-through safari lets visitors experience life-size, moving, dinosaurs from the comfort of your own car. It's the perfect way to socially distance and have fun with family and friends. Learn more.
- Longwood Gardens - Did you know Philadelphia is America’s Garden Capital? Longwood Gardens are part of over 30 public gardens located in and around the city. Longwood Gardens are open for the summer. Make Member reservations and purchase Timed Admission Tickets online or via phone before your visit.
While you’re out and about this week and weekend, don’t forget to socially distance and wear your mask. Stay safe and enjoy all that Philly has to offer this Labor Day weekend!